Additional information about post "Downloads do not complete. Jaunty Alpha6 KDE"

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 15:13:03 UTC 2009

I posted the above several days ago.  I never got an appropriate solution to
the problem, however several were kind enough to try to help.

A couple of days ago, I had a technician from the pop server come and check my
system.  I complained of slow and incomplete downloads.  Although he could not
find anything wrong with my system or the modem, he replaced the modem with a
new unit.  Since then, I have been receiving uninterrupted downloads, so the
fault lie in the modem.

I am posting this because those of you who provided solutions that did not
work for me, could very well have given me the correct solution for a similar
problem not caused by a defective modem.  Mine apparently worked
intermittently , so it could not be found failing even when the technician was
here.  It answers the question of a starting and stopping download.  Thanks
for your efforts.  Please continue your excellent recommendations on this
issue, I am confident your comments were correct.  Thanks!

Steven