to the list owner(s)

Bill Vance kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org
Mon Apr 6 07:23:48 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:

>Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Why don't you just filter on headers? Real mail clients don't need
>> this feature, and even broken clients (like the Gmail that I'm using)
>> have a workaround. There is no need to corrupt the Subject line with
>> redundant info. Ad very few mailing lists do this. Of the 50+ mailing
>> lists that I frequent, maybe two or three modify the subject.
>
>You really mean, "very few computing-related lists", because almost all of
>the non-computing lists I use do it - because the list admins usually don't
>know what they're doing.  That wouldn't excuse its use here...
>--
>derek

Actually there is one thing the list name in the Subject: line
is good for.  Quickly scanning for, and deleting spam.  Aside
from that, it's a pain in the @$$.

Bill

    RKBA!      *        Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!!       *       4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_  | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every |  by Colt;  | --Max Planck             | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom  |    Dial    | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! |  1-911-A1  | Word.  --The Holy Bible  | sword. --Jesus Christ

     Constitutional Government is dead!   LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!