Firewall and/or anti-virus

Web1 daweber at wiktel.com
Sun Apr 5 19:59:26 UTC 2009

Hello,

Is there any reason to have either an anti-virus or firewall on
Kubuntu?  I have downloaded clam anti-virus but it doesn't appear to
have real time protection.  I have read that there isn't a reason to
have either an anti-virus or firewall for Kubuntu, I was just checking
to make sure that they are not needed prior to me doing my banking and
such on Kubuntu.  I have this on a separate hard drive from windows XP
and are slowly transferring over to it.  Pretty good learning curve, but
its fun and challenging.

If I do need an anti-virus, firewall, spy-ware blocker and such, could
you guys please recommend the best of each of these to install?

Thanks and am glad I am making the switch.

Web

--
This computer in NOT using Microsoft Windows......This computer is operating on Linux Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.1