Please help me with DWA-120/130 on Wireless Networking

GreyGeek GreyGeek at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 5 03:25:58 UTC 2009

Thinh Hoang Dinh wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I've spent days to get the wireless working on Kubuntu 9.04 beta, and
> I'm getting tired of it. I've followed the following steps:
> 1. Install ndiswrapper and ndiswrapper-utils.
> 2. ndiswrapper -i AGUx86.inf (AGUx86.inf here is a driver file of
> DWA-120).
> 3. ndiswrapper -m.
> 4. ndiswrapper -l.
>
> Everything seems fine, but when I ran iwlist -scanning, I could not
> find wlan0. Please help me out of this.
Probably you don't see your wireless lamp on either.

If your wireless is a broadcom 43xx then install the "b43-fwcutter" app
from the repository.  It will pull the firmware out of your wireless
chip and set up  it up.  Reboot and your lamp will come on, and then you
can probably install the "Network-Manager" widget (if it is not already
installed) and use it to scan for, locate and configure your wireless.
GG