Kubuntuforums.net still down after 3 days.

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Sat Apr 4 19:38:27 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 2:52:04 pm GreyGeek wrote:
> It still returns "Service Unavailable" but I can ping the site and get
> returns.
>
> Netcraft shows that it is served by ServerBeach but, strangely, it uses
> Windows Server 2003.  Perhaps it is a victim of Conficker?
>
> Anyway, using whois I found the site techie and emailed him asking what
> happened.  It's been 24 hours but he hasn't replied.
>
> Does anyone know what happened to Kubuntuforums.net ???

No, not yet. I have not been able to get hold of the site's owner. I believe
he may still be in the National Guard, perhaps he is doing his monthly
weekend service.

I was on the site at some point Thursday,  but last evening it was down. I
am still trying to get hold of Open Source, the owner. There was once a
database problem a while back, and the site was down for a few days while
he was away.

I'll continue trying to contact them.

And yes, the site is hosted using windows servers :( That is old news, and
a number of (currently inaccessible) forum threads already discuss that.
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net