8.4 and PAE addressing

Tony Sivori TonySivori at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 19:06:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 19:27:16 +0200, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Tony Sivori wrote:
>> I've done a substantial amount of Googling, and it appears that PAE
>> addressing is not enabled in the Kubuntu kernel.
>
> I have kubuntu 8.10 on a amd quad core 9600 with 4 GB of ram and all can
> be used. Dont know how it is in 8.04.

Are you using 64 bit or 32 bit?

Although it is not yet installed on the new machine, I've used the
Remastersys CD to boot the new machine. It works great, and it is amazing
to see my exact desktop on a live CD. But it only sees 3.5 GB of the ram,
as expected.

Giving up a half gig is not too bad, but I'd like to max out the ram to 8
GB while DDR2 is cheap.

--
Tony Sivori