keys

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sat Apr 4 15:09:31 UTC 2009

On Friday 03 April 2009 5:19:31 pm Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Pastor JW wrote:
> > Why in the world does this kind of  thing keep happening?
> >
> > W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy Release: The following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> > NO_PUBKEY 9423A34CCA967634
> >
> > Last time it took over a month to figure out how to get one of these
> > stupid keys.  Now here is a new one making update manager fail.
>
> PPA is NOT supported, and they're not for people who believe thinking is
> juvenile.  If you want everything to work smoothly with no effort on
> your part, don't use PPA.
>
> If you want to get the key do:
>
> gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 9423A34CCA967634 && gpg
> --armor --export 9423A34CCA967634|sudo apt-key add -

Sorry I came off that way, it was a frustrating day and not getting any better
soon I guess.  What I get when using that command is:

$ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 9423A34CCA967634 && gpg
gpg: requesting key CA967634 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error
$--armor --export 9423A34CCA967634|sudo apt-key add -
bash: --armor: command not found
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found

It is the first thing I tried when it came up with the error.  I think PPA is
enabled for Open Office, KDE4, and BibleTime.  Of those the one I don't
really use but do play with from time to time is KDE4.  The other two we
really can't do without and are used everyday.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org