Pulse audio on Kubuntu 9.04 ?

Antonio Augusto (Mancha) mkhaos7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:48:45 UTC 2009

Hello there,

Just a question: is Kubuntu using Pulseaudio instead of ALSA in Jaunty?
I ask this because I was testing VirtualBox 2.2 Beta 2 on the Beta
release, and I was getting an error when starting a VM that had audio
enable using ALSA.
When i changed the configurations of the VM so it would pulseaudio
instead of alsa the sound started working flawless.

On weird thing is that I did a "ps -ef | grep pulse" and nothing showed up...
Isn't pulseaudio suposed to be an application like arts and esd?