using kontact and IMAP

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:14:30 UTC 2009

Dear everybody

> If your IMAP folder is remote, I'd say that isn't even possible.  If you're
> running your own IMAP server,

Also I am experimenting now with Kontact with IMAP - via GMAIL. But it
is not yet clear to me to which extend IMAP does really DOWNLOAD
e-mails, so that I can prepare them off-line: by example with a laptop
without wired or wireless internet connection. On the other hand, it
would not be very practical for me to automatically download every
(huge) e-mail folder. That's why, my question is: it is possible to
determine from case to case whether I want to download 1 or more
e-mails or not?

Respectfully yours,

Bas.

--