Realplayer again

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:06:57 UTC 2009

I have downloaded and installed first the realplayer available in medibuntu
(Realplayer 11).  iPlayer continued to say that it needed Realplayer in both
Furefox and Konqueror.  So I clicked thro' to the site offered by the BBC and
downloaded and installed from there (Realplayer 11 GOLD deb).  Still no joy.
So I asked Mozilla for an add-on for Firefox.  Guess what?  It lead me to the
same Realplayer Gold site.  I did not install it a third time.

I am at my wits end.   How do I persuade both Firefox and the BBC that
Realplayer is installed?

TIA
Lisi

PS This troublesome computer will go back to its owner in teh nex day or two
and things will settle down until teh next time.  But all this stuff was
working before the update....