excessive /boot entries SOLVED - and thank you

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:17:14 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 10:59:52 Alvin wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009 11:53:54 Lisi Reisz wrote:

Thank you very much. :-)  It is now fine.  The grub menu-lst is now a
reasonable length.

I used aptitude purge and the dpkg --get-selections > installed-software
option with copying and pasting.  I then edited the remaining menu.lst to get
the default altered to the version of the kernel That I wanted.  I also
changed "how-many=all" to "howmany=2".

All I have to do now is persuade the sound, which was working perfectly before
the last update, to work again. :-(

Lisi