compose file name/location?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:07:16 UTC 2009

D. R. Evans said the following at 03/31/2009 09:01 PM :
> Does anyone know where the file is (in intrepid, KDE 4.2) that tells the
> system how to interpret keystroke combinations that use the compose key?

Of course, I spent 20 minutes looking for it before sending the e-mail...
and then found it about 90 seconds later.

For future reference (my own and anyone else who cares), the locale files
are all in /usr/share/X11/locale, and in particular for the US the relevant
file is: /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose.

And the way to get a degree sign is compose o o. Like this: ° :-)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR