Printing problem

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue Sep 30 21:17:28 UTC 2008

Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:

>>> That is *exactly* what I see there.
>>>
>> All I can add is that print servers (and some printers) can be very fussy
>> beasts and sometimes it is required to turn everything off (to reset) and try
>> again.   If someone in the stream gets upset, nothing is going to print
> Well, I tried power-cycling the print server and rebooting the computer,
> but that did not change anything. I guess this is going to be difficult.<g>

Not necessarily so.

I would like to reiterate:

What exactly is the make and type of your printserver?

Or are you printing to an etherprot that is integrated into your
printer? Afaik the 1020 is a cheap usb printer that does not have a
network connection.

If I missed it, please forgive my ignorance.

You also should try to connect the printer directly via usb, just for
testing.

Doing this will rule out any problem that possibly is caused by your
printserver

Kind regards
Eberhard