When Maximized, data goes beyong edge of screen.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 30 17:57:26 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Monday 29 September 2008 3:48:36 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> It *isn't* like not having a big enough screen, it is having too long a
>> page *where the scrolling option is missing*.  If I could scroll to read
>> what is below the screen, I wouldn't consider it a problem.  When I say
>> screen, I mean the monitor's surface, when I say window I mean the page
>> that you open on the screen.  When that window exceeds the screen and
>> their is no scrolling capability, you cannot get to the hidden
>> information.
>>

> I understood that from your initial post.
>
> What screen resolution are you running?

1024 x 768
> When your mouse bumps up against the edge of the screen does it "scroll down"?

No
> It may be helpful if you paste the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf with your
> reply.

The problem is on my laptop and I am on my desktop right now.  I haven't
been able to get the print screen key to function yet on the laptop.

*There was an instruction with warning as follows*: # edit this file
with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.) * I did not do this.

Later I may have screwed up.  It says as follows*:
# if you have edited this file but wopuld like it to be automatically
updated
# again, run the following command:
# sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg  *I did this with the
following result:

*steven at steven-laptop:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfgure -phigh xserver-xorg
[sudo] password for steven: **
xserver-xorg postinst warning:  overwriting possibly-custpomised
configuration
   file; backup in /etc/x11/xorg.conf.20080930134446
steven at steven-laptop:~$  *Have I damaged anything?

Steven
*