When Maximized, data goes beyong edge of screen.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 29 16:56:26 UTC 2008

When I click on the box to maximize a window, it fills the screen and
beyond.   Additionally the middle box in the upper right corner does not
change to two overlapping boxes, it retains the single box icon and the
window can be dragged rather than staying fixed in place like it
should.   The biggest problem that this creates is that vertically the
data in the window goes below the bottom of the screen, and I am unable
to get the grabbers that resize the window.  It causes problems when you
have to click on an Administrator button at the bottom of a window,
because when you drag a page to the top of the screen, there is still
data below the bottom of the screen. The Administrator button is usually
located at the bottom right next to the apply option, so if you can't
drag the window high enough to expose the Administrator option you can
not get the necessary Administrator priveleges.  I am not yet capable
using a terminal.  Additionally, the drag to resize the window feature
on my computer will only allow me to reduce the window to about 1/2 the
screen width even though I can drag the window Up/Down as large or small
as I want.  And this isn't the case always.  Sometimes I have been able
to resize a window to perhaps an inch high by an inch wide, but usually
width is restricted, and height can not be adjusted.

I haven't yet noticed specifically what is happing when the difference
in resizing ability allows resizing to any size you choose as opposed to
when you restricted to about 1/2 the screen width regardless of height.
I do remember that width restrictions do appear when I use Dolphin.  But
it has always been that way in Dolphin even though I would alway prefers
to be able to resize to my own preference.  This is a very difficult
thought to try to describe, I hope I am being understood.

Steven