Links sent in emails do not work.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at
Sun Sep 28 04:13:10 BST 2008

I am on so much I appologize, but this has been an unresolved problem
for a long time.

When I receive an email that has a link included, and I am told to click
on the link, the link never functions for me.  Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 3.5.9
Thunderbird (20080724) Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; i686; en-US;
rv: Gecko/2008092313 Firefox/3.0.2.

To go to the link location, I have been copying the link location,
opening the browser, highlighting the Address line and pasting the

Years ago, when I was using XP, I could just click on a link sent in an
email and it would open the browser to the correct address.  Is this
something I can have happen with my present system.  TIA for help