Thunderbird default email reply. Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 3.5.9

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Fri Sep 26 17:59:46 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2008 1:40:46 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
>> Most everyone I write emails to has HTML receiving capability.  Is there
>> a way to make HTML the default when writing an email.
>>
>> Each time I send, I have to click on the HTML option.  I would prefer
>> HTML then the ability to chose the other selections.
>
> It is best if you do not use HTML mail on technical mailing lists.  You
> probably shouldn't use it on any mailing list, but it will be tolerated
> better on, say, a motorcycle list, than a Linux list.

True, many people on mailing lists will complain (maybe "most everyone I
write emails to" did not include this list :) ), but in TB it's possible
to set which recipients will only accept plain text. To configure this
stuff:
TB -> preferences -> composition -> general -> send options
and there you see which domains accept (i.e. TB will send in a specific
format) which format. I can't find a setting for having html as default
format, however.
HTH,
I.