Kubuntu and iPod Shuffle

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Sep 24 19:51:10 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 3:32:09 pm Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just buy a iPod Shuffle 1 Gb. I plug-it in, Amarok recognize it and
> I could copy some mp3 files on it.
> My problem is that the iPod does not charge (I can charge a iPod Video
> without any problem): the orange light is always blinking. I have seen a
> lot of comments on the Internet explaining that the iPod seems to wait a
> synchronization with iTunes (which I do not have of course). Anyone has an
> idea on how to charge it ,without to buy some accessory to charge from the
> sector ;-)
> Thanks.

I have not tried this with the newest iPod shuffles, but the older ones (that
look like a pack of chewing gum) charge, even when they are showing blinking
orange.  Try giving it a bit more time for charging.  When fully charged, the
light stays on, and blinks while charging.  Don't remember the color.