svn and cmake.

John Culleton john at
Mon Sep 22 20:42:08 BST 2008

I discovered that Kubuntu won't download the package svn, which is
required for downloading the latest versions of many programs such as
Scribus.  I am running the latest bleeding edge Kubuntu I can find,
8.10 Alpha. So I rebooted Slackware and mounted my Kubuntu 8.10
partition as a subordinate partition.  Then I was able to run
Slackware's svn in a directory on the Kubuntu partition and download
the latest Scribus source.

The next step will be to run cmake.  Is this downloadable by Kubuntu
or must I create a more generic Debian partition instead?
John Culleton