KDE 3.5.10

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 09:39:46 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> If you are using Kontact and have distribution-lists make sure you have
>> these backed up/exported somehow. The format has changed betweend 3.5.9
>> and 10 and you will not find your existing distribution lists.... a
>> solution has been published but I am not sure it has been distributed.
>
> It can't be so simple. I have a distribution list that I use exactly once a
> year, and I used it this August without problems, yet the last time I used
> it was under 3.5.9.
I had a long discussion both on kde-pim-users mailinglist and with the
maintainer of the code. the way distribution-lists are stored have
changed between versions. Here a quote from those mails:
"--- Comment #2 from Tobias Koenig <tokoe kde org>  2008-09-04 11:45:27 ---
Hej,

there is a tool now in 3.5 branch, which will upgrade the distribution lists
to the new format automatically. Please bug your distributor to provide
updated patches soon.

Ciao,
Tobias"
possibly you got the tool, quote once more:
"kabcdistlistupdater, however you don't have to run it manually,
it is executed automatically on next KDE startup once it is installed."
it was then in the svn branch, this was early September. I since seem to
have got it myself as I know see the old lists!

Sinclair