getting nvidia display drivers

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:29:58 BST 2008

i installed kubuntu intrepid 32-bit on my PC, but i'm still lacking the
display drivers for my nvidia geforce 7300.
jockey-kde, or more know as the hardware drivers program, crashes
exactly as explained in this bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jockey/+bug/271317

i tried installing envyng, but it's not working properly too, i'm
getting a lot of parsing errors that fills the konsole, and konsole
would be spending about 50% of CPU to display this torrent of messages,
and eventually, the program crashes.
is there anyway to install the driver? can i install it manually from
the repos? can't i know what jockey or envyng do, and so i can do the
same but manually? if there are ways of installing, i prefer the ubuntu
way, ie, i prefer packages from the repos rather than nvidia's website
for example (if available of course)

thanks in advance

--
Willy K. Hamra