GTK apps appearance under KDE

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:40:49 UTC 2008

Hi

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 05:35:21 Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I seem to have lost the ability to style my GTK applications (e.g.
> Firefox) with my KDE look. I used to be able to go to System
> Settings -> Appearance, and there'd be an option for GTK
> applications. That option is gone now, and now my GTK applications
> look awful.
>
> Any suggestions, anyone?

This happened to me after I installed KDE 4.1 alongside KDE 3.5.10.
Used Google for more info.  Can't find anything.   Since it only
occurred after KDE 4.1 was installed I can only assume that this is
something to do with the immaturity of KDE 4.xx in comparison with
KDE 3.xx.  For example, in the KDE 4.1 version of Konsole there isn't
a button in the bottom left of the application to allow you to open a
new bash session.  You have to use the menu at the top of Konsole
instead.

--
Richard