syncing

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 18:24:27 UTC 2008

David McGlone schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if there have been any threads about syncing in the archives?
> I'm looking in the archives but it would could take me weeks to find
> something on the subject so while I look I figured I'd ask if anyone can
> recall anything.
>
>  I'm looking into how to sync my e-mail folders and contacts on the desktop
> and laptop. I'm tired of having contacts and e-mail on one or the other and
> not both. I checked out Kitchensync and it didn't work, so I at the moment I
> have installed multisync. It seems to work except the file that is supposed
> to be populated with the synchronized data is always empty.
>
> David M.

The best sync tool that I know is rsync, which has multiple guis, of
wich I only used grsync.

imho a bit easier, also with textual and visual interfaces is unison.

Both btw. also work from win to lin (ok not on a generic windows but
you can install both on windows) and/or vice versa.

Kind regards
Eberhard