Anyone tried Dell Mini

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Sep 12 19:54:18 UTC 2008

Eberhard Roloff wrote:

> Art Alexion schrieb:
>> On Friday 12 September 2008 11:15:42 am Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> Man, I hate Dell almost as much as Microsoft...
>>
>> Me too, and it is exacerbated by the fact that my boss loves them.  I
>> continually get better deals from Softmart, where a real person, capable
>> of communication can get me just about anything, and he just pays more
>> for less with Dell.
>>
> ok, I am not a big Dell Fan either, mainly becuase imho they wear out
> to quickly to be useable as second hand equipment which I preferably
> use for my own. Nevertheless Dell is imho the only mayor PC
> manufacturer outside the netbook scenery, that offers Linux, while ex.
> Lenovo currently "sidesteps" it's Linux strategy and this deserves our
> respect.

Not at the expense of customer service.  A lousy retailer that sells
machines with Linux on them is no better than a lousy retailer that sells
only Windows machines.  And since Dell flat out refused to even take my
calls or answer emails about the broken wireless in the last Dell machine I
bought (for which I paid for an extended warranty) I prefer to just
bad-mouth them for the rest of eternity.  It's way cheaper, more fun, and
probably more effective, than taking them to court.
--
derek