setting smtp in Kmail

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:25:52 UTC 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 10:21:42 abhishek rane wrote:
> Have you provided the smtp settings properly ? A proper guide to the same
> can be found at this link
> http://blog.linuxoss.com/2007/11/howto-configuring-kmail-with-gmail-imap-an
>d-disconnected-imap/ 2nd problem could be that your ISP might be blocking
> ports.

Abhishek, I owe you a deep grovel for wasting your time.  That'll larn me for
doing things late at night and when I am very tired, and then getting stuck
in a groove.

The solution is to insert the wireless card.  I am very ashamed and
apologetic.  And the worst is that I fear I shan't learn. :-(  I shall still
do things late at night when I shouldn't and make stupid mistakes. :-(

But I am very grateful that you were helping.

Lisi