Kaffeine, Xine and kscd fixed in Hardy by /dev/scd0

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at cinci.rr.com
Thu Sep 4 20:50:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 9:33:30 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> Jerry Lapham wrote:
> > I've tried all these and nothing works here.  Kubuntu 8.04 was originally
> > installed from a newly formatted partition. My new .rules file is the
> > same as
> > the one I renamed ".backup".  It doesn't matter whether I have "/dev/cd"
> > and "/dev/dvd" or "/dev/scd0" in the Kaffien settings, I still get the
> > following error:
> >
> > This DVD Video is encrypted. To be able to watch it you will need to
> > install libdvdcss by running from a console:
>
> And in your case, it's almost certainly the encryption, not a missing
> device link.
>
> Add the following file:
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
> ## Medibuntu - Ubuntu 8.04 LTS "hardy heron"
> ## Please report any bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/medibuntu/
> deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ hardy free non-free
> #deb-src http://packages.medibuntu.org/ hardy free non-free
>
> Update your packages, using whichever package manager you use, and install
> libdvdcss2
> --
> derek

I keep getting:

16:04:47 (43.60 KB/s) - `/tmp/libdvdcss.deb' saved [25178/25178]

(Reading database ... 127730 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libdvdcss2 1.2.5-1 (using /tmp/libdvdcss.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libdvdcss2 ...
Setting up libdvdcss2 (1.2.5-1) ...

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

What do those last two lines mean?  Are they the problem.  I think I've
installed/updated  libdvdcss2 but I can't find it with a search.

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at cinci.rr.com