Kaffeine playback jerky

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Sep 4 15:42:11 UTC 2008

David McGlone wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2008 2:33:14 am Knapp wrote:

>>> Lets just say I'm chicken.
>>>
>>> How can the desktop work if the drivers for the video card are disabled?
>>>
>>> I worry about digging myself into a hole I can't climb out of.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
>>>
>> Worst case is you loose X and have no gui. Do you have a second
>> computer that lets you read emails? If not get links or elinks or
>> whatever someone here thinks is the best CLI HTML web browser. Then if
>> you do loose X you can still get on the web to tell us we are a bunch
>> of idiots. :-)
>>

> LOL you're gonna scare the him all the way back to winder land.
>
> David M.

Taint likely. I keep windows around so when I get frustrated with some
problem [ usually caused by me - ID Ten T error ] I can boot into
windows and remind myself why I switched in the first place. Especially
if I boot into the Vista partition on my new laptop. A few minutes and
I'm ready to go back to whatever stupid thing I did and try to figure it
out.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.