Kaffeine playback jerky

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 20:20:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
> On 09/03/2008 Knapp wrote:
>>  This link goes to a page of cool things that you can do with VIM but
>>  keep in mind it is ADVANCED for the most part. Don't let it scare you
>>  off. See my vim thread for more because we are way off topic for
>>  helping this poor slow drive. Did this problem get fixed??????
>>  http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Best_Vim_Tips
>>

> I was noticing that we were drifting quite far afield if the original
> problem.
>
> No, the problem still exists. I don't believe it has anything to do with
> Kaffeine but is a system problem of some sort. It's no big deal really.
> I have DVD players that I can watch if I need to watch a DVD. If we're
> on the road or somthing they play perfectly on our laptops.. I'm not to
> worried about it.
>
> Right here at my desk in our computer room we have a DVD Recorder,
> DVD/VCR, and a Blue Ray player. I don't need to watch DVD's on my computer.

I think we should fix your computers problem and all the vim/kate
stuff can go play on that thread.
Your computer is not working for some reason and that reason could be
doing a bunch of other bad things like messing up DVD burns or slowing
down reads or perhaps messing up games or other graphics intensive
work depending on the REAL cause of the problem.

So what was the frame rate of the gears thing now that we know it
worked? Are there any other problems on your system? how does movie
play back work with other sources. Like say copy an iso to your hard
drive and mount that and try and play it. Does it work or not, thus is
it the DVD or something else?

And yes LOTS of people use Blender3d, they just make a cute little
movie using just that. A lot of game art is done with it too. It is
great for video editing too. If you replay to this line lets please
change the subject like so we can get this guy helped. I know I
started this messing about (sort of anyway).

--
Douglas E Knapp