Kaffeine playback jerky

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:02:16 BST 2008

Billie Walsh wrote:
> Knapp wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> David McGlone wrote:
>>>
>>> If I wasn't such a CLI Dummy I probably would use it more. I've never
>>> found a "dictionary" of CLI commands that didn't assume one had more
>>> basic knowledge. Back in the Dark Ages  [ DOS ] I found a "dictionary"
>>> that spelled out in VERY simple language how it all worked. It "assumed"
>>> if you were reading it that you were a complete dumb ass so used the
>>> K.I.S.S. Principle. Worked for me. *<]:oD
>>>
>> Have you read rutebook yet?
>>

> Speaking of rute book. I just finished going through my e-mails so
> installed it using adept. It took some digging but I finally found where
> adept hid it. Kind of read through the contents pages so far. I moved it
> to someplace more accessible.
>
>> If you need help with command line, I would be happy to help.
>>

> Thanks for the offer. I'll give rute book a shot and see where I need to
> start asking stupid questions.
>
>> I like Kate too but vim is FUN and comes with a built in tutor!
>>

> and I suppose you like root canals without anesthetic also. *<]:oD
>
> I looked at vim for just a bit but all that's installed right now is
> tiny-vim. After some experience with vi I don't know.

i've been using the terminal for most of the administration work on
kubuntu, for a year now, and still, rutebook provides a lot more info,
stuff, i haven't experimented with yet.

i didn't get the hinge of vim or vi, i prefer something simple like
nano, or even better (beat me for saying this) i like dear old MS-DOS
EDIT.COM :-P

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems