Kaffeine playback jerky

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Sep 3 16:49:06 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
>
>> David McGlone wrote:
>>
>> If I wasn't such a CLI Dummy I probably would use it more. I've never
>> found a "dictionary" of CLI commands that didn't assume one had more
>> basic knowledge. Back in the Dark Ages  [ DOS ] I found a "dictionary"
>> that spelled out in VERY simple language how it all worked. It "assumed"
>> if you were reading it that you were a complete dumb ass so used the
>> K.I.S.S. Principle. Worked for me. *<]:oD
>>

> Have you read rutebook yet?

Speaking of rute book. I just finished going through my e-mails so
installed it using adept. It took some digging but I finally found where
adept hid it. Kind of read through the contents pages so far. I moved it
to someplace more accessible.

> If you need help with command line, I would be happy to help.

Thanks for the offer. I'll give rute book a shot and see where I need to
start asking stupid questions.

> I like Kate too but vim is FUN and comes with a built in tutor!

and I suppose you like root canals without anesthetic also. *<]:oD

I looked at vim for just a bit but all that's installed right now is
tiny-vim. After some experience with vi I don't know.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.