Kaffeine playback jerky

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:32:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 1:57 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 2:28:32 am Knapp wrote:
>> > Here Billie, Add Option "VideoOverlay" "on"  to your xorg.conf file. Here
>> > is an example of mine:
>> >
>> > Section "Device"
>> >         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
>> >         Option          "VideoOverlay"  "on"
>> >         Driver          "fglrx"
>> >
>> > Then restart your X server or reboot your computer. You shouldn't have
>> > any choppy video now.
>> >
>> > --
>> > David M.
>>
>> Would this work with Nvidia too? What does it do?
>
> I'm not completely sure. I have never owened an Nvidia. I watch a lot of
> guitar instructional videos and I was having all the jerky problems as knapp
> describe.

I did not post that. Just asked about nvidia.

> You also may need to set DMA but I wanted to take it a step at a time so
> nobody gets confused.
>
> David M.

BTW the dma command does not work on my computer, all I get is this.
What is iocti?? It is just an IDE dvd burnner on 8.04 and yes that is
the right device; scd0.

sudo hdparm /dev/scd0
douglas at frog:/$ sudo hdparm /dev/scd0
[sudo] password for douglas:

/dev/scd0:
 IO_support    =  0 (default)
16-bit)
 HDIO_GET_UNMASKINTR failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
 HDIO_GET_DMA failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
 HDIO_GET_KEEPSETTINGS failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
 readonly      =  0 (off)
 readahead     = 256 (on)
 HDIO_GETGEO failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

--
Douglas E Knapp