Broken DVD/Kaffeine player

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:27:28 UTC 2008

--------------020103050809090108030809

Knapp wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, it seems on upgrade my Kaffeine player is broken. When I play a=

>> dvd it pops up with DVD is encrypted etc.
>> I have CSS installed and that is not the real problem. It seems on
>> looking closer that the dvd is now on scd0 and not on cd0 like the
>> program expects and this is making the error. If I change the device
>> to the right one, the DVD will play just fine but I must use VLC to do=

>> that, I can't do it in Kaffeine. VLC reports the same problem if I
>> don't change it.
>>
>> So this is a problem somewhere under these players. Any ideas what is
>> going on here?
>>
>> Thanks ALL!
>>
>=20
> ANYONE???
>=20
>=20

i hope someone on the list can tell me if this suggestion is safe or
not, it's just an idea, doing a "sudo ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/cd0"

this will create a /dev/cd0 that is a link to /dev/scd0, but like i
said, i'm not sure that's safe

--=20
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

--------------020103050809090108030809

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOldpbGx5IEhhbXJhDQpuOkhhbXJhO1dpbGx5DQplbWFpbDtpbnRl
cm5ldDp3LmhhbXJhMTk4N0BnbWFpbC5jb20NCngtbW96aWxsYS1odG1sOkZBTFNFDQp2ZXJz
aW9uOjIuMQ0KZW5kOnZjYXJkDQoNCg==
--------------020103050809090108030809--