Problem burning ISO

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:41:49 UTC 2008

2008/10/30 Nigel Ridley <nigel at prayingforisrael.net>:
> I just burnt a copy of the latest Ibex 8.10 (after first checking the md5sum). I got K3B to check
> the integrity of the burn and it came up with an error -- that the burnt image doesn't match the
> original.
>
> How come? I've never had this happen before.
>
> Any pointers on how to overcome this problem? I tried twice burning another copy but it too is a
> coaster.
> As I said the md5sum is OK -- should I try downloading the ISO again? Will it make any difference?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

If the md5sum is fine then you do not need to download again. Can you
try a different media company? I usually have better luck with the
no-name CDs than with Sony or other brand name media. They may not
last as long, but they burn better.

If you need it and can wait, I can mail you a disk tomorrow. Send me
your address and I'll get it out first thing in the morning (assuming
that this download ever completes).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com