Adding widgets from Internet

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:05:16 UTC 2008

I'm sure there will be a bzillion questions appearing here as a bunch
of us now try KDE4 for the first time and can't find answers to
questions using google.

So here's one from me.

When I try to add a widget and say "Download from Internet", the only
widget that appears is "Scripted Image". But when I click the little
question mark to show me the contents of kde-look.org, there are a ton
of neat-looking widgets.

Why don't I seem to be able to install them directly from the
Internet? (And what's different about "Scripted Image" so that it does
look like it's downloadable -- even though I don't want that one.)