Problem burning ISO

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Thu Oct 30 19:49:36 UTC 2008

alan c wrote:
> Hans Henry von Tresckow wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Nigel Ridley
>> <nigel at prayingforisrael.net> wrote:
>>> I just burnt a copy of the latest Ibex 8.10 (after first checking the md5sum). I got K3B to check
>>> the integrity of the burn and it came up with an error -- that the burnt image doesn't match the
>>> original.
>>>
>>> How come? I've never had this happen before.
>>>
>>> Any pointers on how to overcome this problem? I tried twice burning another copy but it too is a
>>> coaster.
>>> As I said the md5sum is OK -- should I try downloading the ISO again? Will it make any difference?
>>>
>>> Blessings,
>>>
>>> Nigel
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Nigjel, I think this may be an issue with the latest k3b in hardy.  I
>> had the same problem burning a replacement 8.04 disk recently, yet the
>> disk seems to be working. Unfortunately I can't check it right now as
>> my poor laptop went to HP for repairs and had to be "revirginized"
>> first. I just hope my backups work....
>
> I am sure it is a k3b/hardy problem. I have got k3b post burn checks
> as all fails and I checked each one separately using md5sum and they
> are all ok. I guess it is realated to the k3b telling the burner drive
> to eject and hen reload, not sure, but anyway, the burns are ok, just
> the self check is a problem.

Actually it's not the k3b post burn checks - I then took the CD to the box to do the install and
it failed on a specific file. I then restarted the process but choose the 'Check Cd' (or
something like that) - the option beneath 'Install' (this is the alternate CD). Anyway, the self
check got  about half way through a complained about a corrupted file - another coaster!

I shall wait until the weekend and try again.

Blessings,

Nigel