Problem burning ISO

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:47:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Nigel Ridley
<nigel at prayingforisrael.net> wrote:
> I just burnt a copy of the latest Ibex 8.10 (after first checking the md5sum). I got K3B to check
> the integrity of the burn and it came up with an error -- that the burnt image doesn't match the
> original.
>
> How come? I've never had this happen before.
>
> Any pointers on how to overcome this problem? I tried twice burning another copy but it too is a
> coaster.
> As I said the md5sum is OK -- should I try downloading the ISO again? Will it make any difference?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Nigjel, I think this may be an issue with the latest k3b in hardy.  I
had the same problem burning a replacement 8.04 disk recently, yet the
disk seems to be working. Unfortunately I can't check it right now as
my poor laptop went to HP for repairs and had to be "revirginized"
first. I just hope my backups work....

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)