Kubuntu 8.10 Released

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:18:06 UTC 2008

Dear Jonathan, dear Everybody.

Thanks for all your efforts so far. Just one practical question for
this moment. About 2 weeks ago, I installed a beta version of Kubuntu
8.10 'from scratch', at a separate partition. Is this beta version
automatically being changed into the official release via the adept
updates I install regularly?

I finish this message with a short general evaluation. Most of the
software I have been using so far via 'Ibex' works sufficiently well,
quick and smoothly. The screen looks lovely. The new version of Adept
works very well. So far, I have identified 3 major points of
attention:
* some minor difficulties with the 'widget' panel and the desktop screen;
* difficulties to adept the 'compose key' settings via REGIONAL/
LANGUAGE > xkb settings.
* difficulties to get sound.
I will get back to each of these issues in separate messages.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas Roufs.

--
Viaconsensus