[OT - Ping Derek] - Re: 8.10b - first impression and questions

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 22:58:59 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 15:12:33 Thorny wrote:
> It's not in my authority to tell you what to do Derek, but as I'm not
> going to be here for a while, will you consider monitoring the thread
> where Lisi is trying to manually configure ethernet interface? Perhaps
> make sure that bad advice isn't given or taken. Now that I've mentioned
> this in public, no doubt there will be lots of knowledgeable and helpful
> people, that would be great, and peer review will help to solve the
> problem. Don't anyone be hurt that I picked on Derek for this, I just
> noticed that he was up (it's after 10 am in NS) and active and I've read
> enough of his posts to know he's up to the task. Naturally, it's possible
> he doesn't have the time and that's fine too. I do hope you've had the
> time to vote Derek, I'm off to do that now.

The chap who was going to set this up for me has got nowhere, and I am getting
desperate for this.  My granddaughter needs this for school and we are
already half way through the term (trimester).

I am trying very hard to get the chap who has it to give it back to me.  Would
those of you kind souls who were willing to see this through to the end
before be prepared to do so now?  If I am trying at a task which someone more
experienced than I has failed in, then I shall need a lot of help; I know I
don't deserve it, but I do need it.

Thanks,
Lisi