Ibex on a PIII?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Wed Oct 29 19:56:42 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008 19:49:12 schrieb locke314:
> Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008 11:45:21 schrieb Nigel Ridley:
> >> I've got this oldish PIII 650Mhz with 678 MB ram (3x256) -- will it run
> >> Intrepid Ibex OK (obviously without all the 'Desktop Effects')?
>
> hi all! I try to run Xubuntu Intrepid (installed to a HDD, with default
> settings) with 256 mb ram, but there was celeron 2GHz :) so, I have not
> noticed any problems :-D

Since it's the Kubuntu list I guess he attempts to install KDE on it.
Well, what can one say - it will work, but rather sluggish.
And I don't mean "depends on how much suffering you can take" sluggish, I mean
Really Really Sluggish.
I'd go for xfce as well... and not even for a Ubuntu base here, it's not
really a performer.

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de