Strigi and Intrepid

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Wed Oct 29 11:41:04 UTC 2008

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wanted to test if strigi was usable in Intrepid but it wasn't (at
> least not for me). Strigi and Nepomuk was constant running on more
> then 50% cpu on my AMD X2 5600. So for me that's the third release
> with an unusable strigi. Is it normal with 50% cpu on a fast computer
> even if it's indexing a lot of new files or am i alone with strigi
> problems in Intrepid?
>
> / Jonas

I am still on Hardy and I do not know whether this is your problem.

However, depending on your data volume to be indexed, you might probably
want to allow for some time to have it indexed. On a way smaller system
than yours, I found that after 24h of indexing huge photo and music
collections, things calmed down coniderably.

/Eberhard