Intrepid Video

Paul Lemmons paul at
Mon Oct 27 17:29:22 GMT 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:Intrepid Video
From: "Jonas Norlander" <jonorland at>
To: "Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users at>
Date: 10/27/2008 04:30 AM
> 2008/10/27 Paul Lemmons <paul at>:
>> I just upgraded my laptop to Intrepid and everything looks pretty much as
>> expected. No real problems yet. Some of the applications are very immature
>> but again, that is expected. There is one thing driving me crazy though...
>> When I flip between desktops, open menus or start a dialog, the screen, for
>> lack of a better word, goes hay-wire. It is like it looses sync and then
>> gets its act together and updates to something readable. Is this just
>> something else to be expected or is there a cure?
> Do you have desktop effects activated? Many things like this i blame
> on the desktop effects which is not very stable yet, at least not for
> me.
> / Jonas
I turned off desktop effects and it did significantly improve. So, is
this one of those things that I just need to sit back and be patient
with? If so, that is ok. If there is a fix, though, that would be
better. Gotta have those wobbly windows you know. Such a productivity
booster :)

Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.