Help

Sahana Basavapatna sahana.basavapatna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:04:38 UTC 2008

The left click on the mouse/touchpad is usually programmed to open/close
documents. When i click to open a document on the bottom panel (when the
doc/page is minimized), instead of teh document opening, it actually
disappears. I dont have this problem when I switch to Windows XP. I dont
know if I have changed any settings, but the mouse settings seeem to be
fine. Its frustrating everytime to right click on the mouse and maximze the
document.

I hope I make sense.

Sahana

2008/10/27 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>

> 2008/10/26 Sahana Basavapatna <sahana.basavapatna at gmail.com>:
> > Hello!!
> >
> > I have recently started using Linux operating system and have absolutely
> no
> > clue how this works. So far, its been fine because I am not a techy and
> > Kubuntu is quite user friendly.
> >
> > In the last couple of days, a problem has emerged and I am not sure how
> > deal with it. I am not even sure this is the right place to share this
> > query.
> >
> > Whenever I try to open a dialogue page, and click on the icon, instead of
> > opening the page, it actually disappears. This is with both when I use
> the
> > mouse and when I use the touch pad. I have partitioned my laptop and have
> > Windows XP as well. When I used XP to see if the problem persists, I find
> > that there is no problem with the mouse then.
> >
> > I am not sure this is a software or a hardware problem. I really
> appreciate
> > if anyone can help.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sahana
> >

> Can you describe better what exact you doing? What program? What do you
> click?
>
> / Jonas

Sahana Basavapatna
Coordinator - Burmese Refugee Desk