KDE File Chooser in GTK apps on Kubuntu

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:02:03 UTC 2008

2008/10/21 Gordon Schulz <gordon.schulz at gmail.com>:
> Well, one could argue a lot here, depends on point of view I guess. For
> me packages are just what they are - upstream applications that are
> bundled together to fit the distribution's layout and package
> management. On a side note - despite loving Debian that's what I don't
> like, their habit of patching too much on their own ignoring upstream.
> The installers, bugtrackers (apart from Ubuntu most use something
> 'normal' like Bugzilla anyway) and the artwork is something that brands
> the distribution but in no way concerns any upstream work.

When you find the distro that does not touch upstream, let me know!

Actually, there is foreskin which is a distro for showcasing the
latest Gnome, and I think that they have a KDE version. However, they
have an unusual package system and I will not learn yet another
package system! I am firmly against that wheel being reinvented yet
again.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com