kdesudo

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:50:49 UTC 2008

Jim Douglas wrote:
> why doesn't this command work,
>
> kdesudo kate /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> (I also tried kdesudo kate)
>
> I can start kate...
>
> When I run kdesudo it comes back with a command not found error.
>
> ...apt-get install says kdesudo is installed.
> This is kde4 with Kubuntu...

intrepid or hardy? not sure it makes a difference either way.
i have intrepid here, and the above command works flawlessly from the
run dialog (alt+f2) and from konsole.
and i'm very sure it used to work in hardy KDE4.
what is saying command not found? is it saying that kdesudo is not
found? or is kdesudo complaining that kate is not found?
if it's the second case, there might be a PATH problem.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems