Intrepid install disk problem - bluetooth hangs on boot

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 10:24:15 UTC 2008

I decided that as there is a major change of version for KDE, I'd
reinstall rather than upgrade.  I downloaded the files (both the amd-64
and the i386) for the live CD and tried to boot into the live version to
see what it looked like.  It hangs for a couple of minutes while it
tries to configure my network card (which I don't use) and then zips
through to near the end of the boot sequence and hangs on the
bluetooth.  As far as I know, I don't have any bluetooth stuff in my
computer but it hangs for at least 5 minutes (I don't have patience to
wait any longer).

Is there any way to say "ignore bluetooth" to the boot process so I can
get to the end and see the desktop?

--
Blessings

Wulfmann