broken message in Kmail

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Sat Oct 18 15:58:25 UTC 2008

On Saturday 18 October 2008 16:50, Peter Klaassen wrote:
> How can one get ride a broken message in the in box.
> It can not be deleted, copied or moved.
> the moment you try something the messageheader is display
> with a horizontal line through it.
>
> after reentering the in box the horizontal line is gone,
> but still no changes or deletions are possible.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> --
> Peter
> Registered Linux user # 458207

Hi Peter,

See if you can copy ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/"yourFolder"/cur
(or wherever your file is) with konquereor or a terminal.
If that works, and to be on the safe side I suggest you first backup the whole
kmail folder.

The problem is that the files in those .../mail/...folders don't appear with
their name, so to isolate your broken message you could create a
"newYourFolder" in KMail and move all messages (but the faulty one) from
"yourFolder" to there.

Then, after having closed KMail, you could probably delete your file with
Konq.

HTH		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #6: global warming