Amarok 2 and Hardy

Brian Blater brb.lists at
Fri Oct 17 14:05:10 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Jonas Norlander <jonorland at> wrote:
> 2008/10/16 Art Alexion <art.alexion at>:
>> On Thursday 16 October 2008 3:17:39 pm Jonas Norlander wrote:
>>> Any tried Amarok 2 in Hardy? I added the repro according to
>>> But it crashing all the time. I get this error in the console.
>> Same here.  It actually worked better several months ago at a time when most
>> of the features didn't work, but it didn't crash on those that did.  But I
>> figure that's the way it is with nightly builds.
> As far i understand this is not a nightly build but a beta release and
> at least it should be able to start. I hope there will be a new
> package that fixes this so we don't have to wait for the next beta
> release.
> Really looking forward to test Amarok 2.
> / Jonas

I just installed this yesterday on my T42 Ubuntu 8.04 running both
Gnome and the KDE4 windows managers. I added the same repo as you and
added the amarok-kde4 app and its dependencies. Install went fine and
I'm able to load Amarok2 without any errors. Haven't added my music
collection yet, so I don't know if that will cause any problems. I'm
just beginning to test right now. So far I like what I've seen.