Fresh install?

Scott slewin at bmts.com
Thu Oct 16 15:35:35 BST 2008

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 October 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> 4) If the upgrade goes bad, you are left with nothing.
>> How?  It's _never_ happened to me, and I've botched a lot of upgrades in
>> the last decade.
>
> So software never breaks?  I admit that when it happened to me it was with
> SuSE long ago, but I'm not about to risk that again.

Same here.  A Kubuntu upgrade went bad for me and I was never warned
that it may kill my system.  So, I ended up losing my whole system plus
some of my personal files because my system became unusable and I never
backed anything up.  It may be uncommon, but it is not extremely rare.
This is one of the main reasons why I always prefer a new install every
time.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04