800x600 in Kubuntu

Alan_Dacey at horizonblue.com Alan_Dacey at horizonblue.com
Thu Oct 16 12:36:21 UTC 2008

>Peter Klaassen wrote:
>> Op Wednesday 15 October 2008 22:30:29 schreef Paul Lemmons:
>>> You have to *install* the additions, not just have the ISO mounted.
>>
>> Hitting that choice in the guest menu does not do anything.
>> It seems that is already installed, so said an errormessage.
>> But in the systemtray there is no icon from the guest additions,
>> as in de XP guest.
>>

>Does the guest window capture your mouse? (I mean, when you click in it,
>does it stop the mouse from exiting again until you press the host key?)
>
>If it does not, then the guest additions are installed and running. Try
>just pulling the corner of the window and see if it resizes the guest
>display as well - it does in mine.
>HTH,
>I.

Maybe the guest additions are not installed.  It works automatically for
some OS's but I never
had that happen in any linux distro as guest.

The way I get it to work is like this:
-make sure that VBoxGuestAdditions.iso is mounted
-open a terminal and cd to /media/cdrom   (or your mount point)
-type this:    sh -i ./VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run    (or the -amd64 file)

That runs the script and after a reboot & adding the vboxvideo to
xorg.conf, it works fine.
There may be better ways to do it, but this works for me.

Alan

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- please immediately and permanently delete this message.