Is it me or does Hardy run like a pig?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:37:17 UTC 2008

On Thursday, 16 October 2008 10:48:08 Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> I think younger programmers who did almost never code in C (they are
> usually using modern scripting language like python) tend to not think too
> much about what they are actually doing at low level

You can't have it both ways. The easier it gets to code (python and widget
libraries for example) the more software choices we are all going to have.
The best of those new apps will live and gradually get optimized.

I speak from a little bit of experience. I am not a good programmer but I have
not let that stop me trying to contribute in my own way. I don't care overly
about 'optimization' because you have to have something *working* first.

It's practical and real. If others suffer from my code they are welcome to fix
it -- that's why it's GPL.

> as a result all of us suffer
Stop being silly. You are not suffering at all. You have choice and you have
power to make a difference.

My machine runs all kinds of Python/Ruby and other 'scripting' code. It's not
slow. The slow-down you are experiencing will be something you'll find
eventually and I bet it will be unrelated to python et al.

\d